HP G46 AMD powered Plugged, but not charging

#1 User is offline   Darkside 

• Jerry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Benefactor
  • LocationSacramento California

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

Hey guys,

my cousin didn't want her HP G46 laptop anymore, because the hdd was dead and the CMOS battery was low. So she give it to me and been setting for over 5 months now and I just got around to it and replace with a 500GB Seagate Momentum XT 7200rpm drive. Didn't replace the CMOS battery yet because it's a pain to get to. Anyways, swap out the drive and install Window 7 Ultimate 64bit. After all drivers and updates, I've notice a warning "Plugged in, but not charging" when I hover the Battery/Charging icon. When I unplug the charger, it shuts off immediately. So I removed the battery and power on the laptop and uninstall the 2 Microsoft battery API from device manager and power off then reinstall the battery and power on and still the same. Anyone have a fix for this?? I would like to take the laptop with me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Pick2 

• Intermediate Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationDecatur , Illinois , USA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:28 AM

Sounds like the battery is dead. Time to buy a new battery or leave the laptop plugged into your desk like i do with mine :D
:Its about time:

#3 User is offline   Darkside 

• Jerry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Benefactor
  • LocationSacramento California

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostPick2, on 09 June 2014 - 03:28 AM, said:

Sounds like the battery is dead. Time to buy a new battery or leave the laptop plugged into your desk like i do with mine :D
:Its about time:

I KNEW IT!!! LoL.. Oh well. I got it free anyway.. hehehe. Only paid $40 for the 500GB hdd. I guess, I'll go get a replacement battery for it. Would you recommend 3rd party battery or original HP Battery? You know if these HP battery have a firmware built in? I've notice my buddy's Sony Vivo Laptop battery have a firmware built in and will not accept any 3rd party battery. This is my 2nd laptop Ive owned. First one was an Old School Toshiba 1.6Ghz DC AMD with 2 GB Ram max running XP and I've replace the battery without issue. Not sure about the newer preinstalled windows 7 laptop. I'm more of a Desktop kind of guy. :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users