3x SSD Raid 0 or 3x SSD Raid 0+1 Corsair SSD

#1 User is offline   Darkside 

• Jerry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Benefactor
  • LocationSacramento California

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hey All,

Need your guys opinion. Since SSD price has come down to the point where they're more affordable and at a eye popping price. I've already have 2x SATA II Corsair F60 in RAID 0 and loved the performance these has to offered, but since it's only SATA 2, I'm max out @ 400MB/s. My MOBO have 6 SATA II Ports and 5 ports is being used leaving me w/ 1 port left. My idea was to add another Corsair 60GB to my RAID 0. Will 3x SSD in RAID 0 see any performance as to read/write for larger files? I know with more than 2 drives in RAID 0 the access time increases, as more drives is added, access time increase. My other idea when adding the 3rd SSD is RAID 0+1. Haven't experience this configuration yet. I like to know the performance differences between the two (RAID 0 vs. RAID 0+1). I've read a lot from others forum, wiki, answered, But I will like to hear it from you guys. If you guys have experience with 3 SSDs in RAID 0 or RAID 0+1. And I will like to know which will be the better choice.

When testing my 2 SSDs it fluctuate between 200-370 MB/s, maxing out @ 400MB/s. That's one reason why I wanted to add another SSD is trying to stabilize my read and write speed. I'm trying to achieve a more Constance speed, let's say, instead of 200-370MB/s, I will like to achieve a Constance speed of 300-400MB/s and willing to sacrifice a little bit of access time to get that. Or is it impossible and I'm over my head? LoL.. So your guys opinion will really help on my decision. So.. what will it be 3x RAID 0 or 3x RAID 0+1.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users