New Tech Horizon: Super Hi-Vision 8K TV standard approved by UN agency - New Tech Horizon

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super Hi-Vision 8K TV standard approved by UN agency

#1 User is offline   Reign 

• Major Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

A new high-resolution television format has been approved by the UN's communication standards setting agency.

Broadcasts in 8K will offer a resolution of 7,680 by 4,320 pixels - roughly the equivalent of a 32 megapixel photo.

That is 16 times as sharp as current HD TVs offering about 2MP resolutions.Japanese broadcaster NHK showed off the technology in London during the Olympics, where audiences said it gave them a sense of being at the events. The firm has developed three cameras that can capture the higher resolution - which it calls Super Hi-Vision - at 60 frames per second but aims to double that to 120 frames per second. By contrast the BBC currently broadcasts HD TV programmes at 25 fps

Link

Page 1 of 1

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Darkside 

• Jerry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Benefactor
  • LocationSacramento California

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Ums... That'll make it 4320P.... If it set to go online and have television that support 4320P. They better up the bandwidth and have unlimited bandwidth, because streaming @ 4320P takes a s*** load of bandwidth. Shoot, my 30Mb/s Comcast line barely keep up with 1080P on Youtube and Netflix. After a few movies and clips(not to mention, 4 Nodes are active online), I'd already max out my 250GB that Comcast CAP within 2-3 weeks.

This post has been edited by Darkside: 27 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users