New Tech Horizon: Lit Motors thinks we're just driving around in too much car - New Tech Horizon

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lit Motors thinks we're just driving around in too much car

#1 User is offline   Reign 

• Major Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

So Lit Motors is developing what looks a lot like a motorcycle, but with several traits from a car: You don't have to balance and you don't get wet. They call this model the C-1 and the full-size running prototype is, admittedly, in a very basic state. But here we see the sort of thinking that is perhaps just this side of too radical, while performing drastic surgery on one of the last great areas of waste in our daily lives: the amount of car we lug around for no particular reason.

Link

This post has been edited by Reign: 11 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Page 1 of 1

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Tweak 

• Maximum Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

Saw this not long ago and I enjoyed watching the video, seems like a fun drive and really odd with how it leans and such, problem is this thing is supposed to cost about 30K (USD) if I recall.

#3 User is offline   Darkside 

• Jerry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Benefactor
  • LocationSacramento California

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Nice concept, but the C1 is controlled by the a pair of gyros to keep its balance had me thinking twice. I'm not sure if it needs charging or is it runs off the vehicle battery. And my biggest concern is what if the batteries that powered the gyro stop working in the middle of a trip or traffic, That means you will have no balance what so ever and you end up crashing.

#4 User is offline   Tweak 

• Maximum Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostDarkside, on 11 August 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Nice concept, but the C1 is controlled by the a pair of gyros to keep its balance had me thinking twice. I'm not sure if it needs charging or is it runs off the vehicle battery. And my biggest concern is what if the batteries that powered the gyro stop working in the middle of a trip or traffic, That means you will have no balance what so ever and you end up crashing.

Where is your sense of adventure? :P

#5 User is offline   Darkside 

• Jerry
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostTweak, on 11 August 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Where is your sense of adventure? :P

LoL.. There will be no sense of adventure when both of the gyro malfunction while riding the C1. But since this is just a prototype, adjustment will be fine tune before the initial release. Hope to see it come out, we need some change once in a while.

#6 User is offline   Tweak 

• Maximum Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostDarkside, on 12 August 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

LoL.. There will be no sense of adventure when both of the gyro malfunction while riding the C1. But since this is just a prototype, adjustment will be fine tune before the initial release. Hope to see it come out, we need some change once in a while.

At 30K though it isn't the ideal choice I had hoped it might be, does look fun though, I now recall where I first saw this, it was on Jay Leno's Garage and it showed how far it leaned and man it looked insane, said to be a major adjustment but after you become used to it you realize just how well it works. I hope it comes out and catches on in a big way, and eventually come in under 15K as it seems like it'd be a great commuter and beat out small cars such as Mini, Smart, and FIAT. We shall see in time.

#7 User is offline   Darkside 

• Jerry
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostTweak, on 13 August 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

At 30K though it isn't the ideal choice I had hoped it might be, does look fun though, I now recall where I first saw this, it was on Jay Leno's Garage and it showed how far it leaned and man it looked insane, said to be a major adjustment but after you become used to it you realize just how well it works. I hope it comes out and catches on in a big way, and eventually come in under 15K as it seems like it'd be a great commuter and beat out small cars such as Mini, Smart, and FIAT. We shall see in time.

Yea... 30g is a lot. about the same price as a ok custom chopper. It really looks more like a $15,000 vehicle w/ all option..

I wonder if it come w/ A/C.

#8 User is offline   Tweak 

• Maximum Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

15K or so is where I expected it to be as well, when I saw 30K I was pretty shocked. See there other offering? http://litmotors.com/cargo-scooter/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users