• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google caught being EVIL What happened to "Don't be evil?"

#1 User is offline   kzaske 

• Veteran Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Benefactor

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Recently, Google got caught being EVIL. What do I mean by that?

Since October, Google’s GKBO appears to have been systematically accessing Mocality’s database and attempting to sell their competing product to our business owners. They have been telling untruths about their relationship with us, and about our business practices, in order to do so. As of January 11th, nearly 30% of our database has apparently been contacted.

The whole article is a very good read, here is the link: http://blog.mocality...e-you-thinking/

So, what do you think?

Ken /|\
:foldon:

Page 1 of 1

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Kelemvor 

• I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend
  • Group: Admin/Benefactor
  • LocationLargo, FL

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Simple. Google is a publicly traded company. This means that their ONLY imperative is to make money. They must make money no matter what, otherwise the board will have their feet held to the flames.

Google is evil in that way just like every other company that issues stock certificates to the public. If they've managed to convince anyone otherwise it is only because they think that doing so will help them make more money.

That's how I see things, anyway.

Just a side note, I don't hate google in particular, This is a problem with our current system of corporate ownership. The way I see it is the only way for a business to operate on any other premise is for it to be privately owned by individuals of high moral character or nationalized. Often in the case of the latter, though the business will become something sinister due to the corrupt politicians (That may be redundant, no?) running most governments.

#3 User is offline   kzaske 

• Veteran Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Benefactor

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

I admit the current system is not the best it can be, but it is better than any other system ever developed by human kind.

Ken /|\
:foldon:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users